Last year, we introduced you to our friends, Jeff and Jo Ann, who were inspired to create the Pablove organization in honor of their son, Pablo, who they lost to Wilms' Tumor last year, just after his sixth birthday. The goal of his foundation is to raise awareness of pediatric cancer in general, fund research, and to create music, art and play programs to offer better quality of life for children in treatment for cancer. In short, it is a noble and good and profoundly personal cause for Jeff and Jo Ann.
Last year, Jeff, an avid cyclist, rode his bike across the country--from Florida to California--in what was the inaugural Pablove Across America event. He visited children's hospitals along the way, attended fundraisers, performed as many interviews as he could schedule and talked to as many people about childhood cancer as would listen. It is now a year later and Jeff has embarked on Pablove Across America again, this time from Seattle to Los Angeles. Same plan as before.
If you recall last year, I met up with Jeff in San Diego and rode with him and other kindred spirits to Irvine. It was an experience I will not soon forget. I cannot come up with the words to adequately describe it--they are elusive and sometimes conflicting--but I was so honored and moved to be a part of it. So, I will be joining Jeff and his Pablove posse on the road again this Thursday, as he rides the final leg of this year's Pablove Across America from Ventura to Burbank, where the ride will end at Forest Lawn Cemetery at Pablo's grave. Again, I am really looking forward to participating in this experience and celebration of Pablo's life.
This is where I am calling on your help, however, as I would ask you to please consider making a donation to Pablove Across America (or simply the Pablove organization) to help Jeff and Jo Ann achieve their goals for Pablo. The websites are:
pablove.org
pablove.org/pablove-across-america
Please check them and out and see if you aren't inspired to give. No amount is too small--everything counts. Or, if you would rather advertise to spread the word on Pablove, there are great T-shirts and merchandise available to order, which also helps the cause.
I really appreciate you taking the time to read along and give this your consideration. I thank you deeply.
Paul
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment