Sunday, May 11, 2008

Surgery Tomorrow

We have a big day ahead of us, with Andrew checking in to Children's Hospital for his surgery to remove the tumor tomorrow. The CT scan last week showed significant further reduction in the size of the tumor, putting him in the excellent category of "highly responsive" to the chemotherapy. That is great news in terms of the complication of the surgery (the smaller the tumor is, the easier it is to take out) as well as the likelihood of the treatment blasting any hidden cancer cells.

Andrew is going in to the surgery strong, having gained a few pounds back this week. He has had a great week with his family, with Mimi and PawPaw and Aunt Maritza all coming in from our of town to visit and be here for the days ahead.

Keep those prayers coming and we will keep you posted on the outcome of the surgery.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, congratulations, wow, etc. etc. Talk about warriors. You guys are all so amazing. You have truly risen to this challenge. We'll all be waiting anxiously for news of the operation. Thanks for taking the time to keep us all included. We think about you all the time and send our love and best wishes. Quimby, Brian and Samantha

Anonymous said...

I think and pray about you all the time and send my love and best wishes.
mRS. Lainez

Anonymous said...

Praying very hard for perfect success for the surgery and speedy healing. Andrew is a mighty little boy with a beautiful family! Thank you for letting us know how Andrew is doing--I think of him often and pray for good news!!!!

mysocalledblog said...

Wow - way to go, warrior! We're sending our strongest prayers and best wishes. The Meyer Family

Hunter said...

I hope all went perfectly today! I am so happy to read about the psotive progress that Andrew has made. My thoughts and prayers are with you all! Best, Hunter

Anonymous said...

We've been thinking about Andrew and the family all day. Our thoughts and prayers are with you today, as always. Love, the Vollands

Anonymous said...

Hoping the day went well for all of you.....
love Michele, Bart and the girls...

Anonymous said...

So glad that the surgery was a success!! I have been praying for Andrew since I heard about him on the N-blastoma list serve! I should be moving back to Cali in less than a year and hopefully our boys can meet!! By then Andrew will be a survivor, just like my Adi!!! My hope is that we will be able to do our follow up scans at COH with the amazing Dr. Anderson!!! Here are some ((((hugs for healing for Andrew)))).
Love,
Kari and Adi
www.caringbridge.org/visit/adi