After being discharged yesterday afternoon, Andrew and Paul returned home to meet up with Lucia and Cynthia for a quiet evening at home, together. Andrew was thrilled to be back with all of his toys and, once he finally settled down, slept peacefully all night in his own crib.
His second round of chemo is scheduled to start a week from Monday, and with any luck that should be an out-patient process, going in for a couple of hours each day for five days. The goal at this point is to stay fever-free and enjoy the calm peacefulness of home. I believe a trip to the Arboretum to feed the ducks is also on the calendar once the weather clears up.
From here on, I'll update with anything newsworthy, and we can all hope that it will become more of a weekly blog than a daily one.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Glad to see you are all home. Thinking of you all.
Glad you are home for quiet, togetherness time. Know that you each are in our hearts and prayers. Thanks for the updates and pix.
xoxoxo
paw paw and mimi
Thanks to Donna and Cassie for helping this communication happen.
That is the best news! We continue to send our warmest love and very best wishes.
Aunt Judy and Uncle Pete
Awesome guys! That Andrew is one tough kid.
Peter Ching
Glad to hear he is home again. I continue to pray for a speedy healing process for him and the family.
Frank Repetti and family
Super Great Fantastic News! Thanks so much for keeping us far away in the loop. We are constantly thinking of y'all and sending even more positive love vibes your way!
Love Paige
Welcome home, Andrew! We wish you health, happiness and cool toys always!
Sending you guys lots of positive energy and love from New Mexico!
Michelle & Annie
(from the Breaking Away Bike Tour)
I am so happy that he is able to come home. I pray for him and your family every night. You are also in my church's prayer chain in Covina/Glendora. Hope you all are getting more rest!
-Miss Annie
I am praying for your family! I belong to a Mom's In Touch (prayer group) for South Pasadena Schools. We will all be praying for Andrew and your family. (I will put in a prayer request at my church, too)
Love,
Mrs. Sheri
My husband Jon is a seminarian at St. James (although we currently reside in Virginia). Our prayers and thoughts are with you... We are inspired by Andrew's spirit and we look forward to seeing him jumping around next year.
Positive thoughts and prayers for Andrew, his doctors, and your entire family are coming your way from Lubbock, Texas daily. You have a beautiful family and what appears to be a wonderful support system of friends and loved ones.
Ida Craft
Post a Comment